The March Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Stacey and Ruth at Two Writing Teachers
It's been a long day...I am so tired .... and tomorrow promises more of the same....and then, there is this slice to write....which I need to do now...because tomorrow will be an even busier day....
Here are somethings I noticed about today, in no particular order:
- not having a full week off for February Break has made us antsy
- knowing that we will not have a full week off for Spring Break is making us even antsier
- book clubs run themselves now, we know the drill...even when we are antsy
- we have learned how to learn...and enjoy that
- we are longing to be able to open our classroom windows and write and read to the sound of birds - our locked windows are making us sad
- our winter coats are growing heavy - we cannot wait to tuck them away in closets, boxes and attics...or, if you are a sixth grader, lose them
- our toes are itching for sandals, and freedom from woolen socks and boots...our toes want to wiggle free in the sunshine (this is what a sixth grader shared with me today, and I am totally with her)
- our desks seem to be growing smaller - and so is our classroom
- our classroom is like home - our classmates are like family
- sharing our thoughts and feelings is so much easier now
- a school year really goes by quickly
- the quote on our classroom door finally makes sense:
But it's not just learning things that's important. It's learning what to do with what you learn and learning why you learn things at all that matters.